Age is more than just a number!
Sadly, aging also means suffering from wrinkles! Our face will have creases and folds.
Aside from aging, other common causes of wrinkles include sun exposure, smoking, sun exposure, pure nutrition, and stress (1).
Luckily, you don’t just have to live with it!
No treatment will work like magic overnight.
However, you can consider using the best essential oils for wrinkles.
Keep on reading and we’ll let you know some of the essential oils that will work!
- Prevention is Better Than Cure
- When Prevention is Too Late
- The Promise of Essential Oils
- What Essential Oils Can Help Against Wrinkles
- Lavender Essential Oil by Young Living
- Essential Oil Labs Rosehip Oil
- Majestic Pure Lemon Essential Oil
- Prime Naturals Frankincense Organic Essential Oil
- Authentic by Nature 100% Organic Pomegranate Oil
- Gya Labs Clary Sage Essential Oil
- SenseLab Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Radha Beauty Orange Essential Oil
- Handcraft Blends Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Aviano Botanicals Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil
- Alteya Organics Pure Organic Bulgarian Rose Oil
- Allurials Carrot Seed Oil
- Healing Solutions Rose Geranium Essential Oil
- Essential Oil Recipes for Wrinkles
Prevention is Better Than Cure
When it comes to wrinkles, prevention is the best approach.
Don’t wait before it’s too late.
Even when you are in your 20s, you should already be proactive in looking for ways to prevent the appearance of wrinkles when you age.
Here are some of the best ways to prevent wrinkles (2):
- Limit your exposure to sunlight. Don’t go out when the sun is at its peak. If you are outdoors, make sure to use sunscreen to protect your skin from the UV rays.
- Quit smoking! Aside from being bad for your overall health, it can also restrict blood flow, damage the skin, and cause wrinkles.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. This can also restrict blood flow and cause dehydration, which will inevitably result in wrinkles.
- Get enough sleep. This is one of the simplest ways to help the skin cells renew and prevent wrinkles. When sleeping, it is also best to sleep on your back.
- Have a healthy diet. Salmon is one of the best to eat. It is rich in essential fatty acids that will nourish the skin. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables as well.
When Prevention is Too Late
For a lot of people, it is too late before they act against wrinkles. This does not mean that there’s no more solution available.
For the most effective wrinkle treatment (3), here are some that are worth considering.
- Dermabrasion: This is a medical technique that sands the skin. This surgical procedure will cause redness and swelling, but it will fade after approximately two weeks. This is also an effective treatment against hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Therapy: Laser light can penetrate deep into the skin to stimulate the production of collagen fibers. It will also make the skin feel firmer.
- Plastic Surgery: Cosmetic surgeries, such as facelifts, can also be effective in the treatment of wrinkles.
- Ultrasound Therapy: One of the FDA-approved treatments to consider is Ultherapy. It is a non-invasive technique that uses ultrasound to tighten skin and get rid of wrinkles.
- Botox: This is an injection made in targeted muscles. It relaxes the muscles that are responsible for producing fine lines and wrinkles.
The Promise of Essential Oils
If you are looking for a safe and effective way to deal with wrinkles, especially if prevention is your goal, the right essential oil can help.
The best thing about essential oils is that they are also cheap! You don’t need to head to an expensive clinic and pay for treatment!
Take note, however, that essential oils are not the holy grail for wrinkle treatment. They can help minimize wrinkles, but it won’t help you to completely get rid of it.
Using essential oils can also boost collagen, reduce inflammation, and promote cell turnover, among other skin benefits.
What Essential Oils Can Help Against Wrinkles
Stop searching for the best essential oils for wrinkles. Here are some of the most effective products I can recommend.
Lavender Essential Oil by Young Living
When it comes to all-around essential oils, lavender is hard to match. It is also one of the best essential oils for migraines.
Used against wrinkles, lavender has calming effects. Even if you have sensitive skin, you don’t have to worry about irritation.
The manufacturer promises the best in terms of purity. It uses only natural ingredients. There are no synthetics and additives, which can also ensure the highest level of effectiveness.
Essential Oil Labs Rosehip Oil
Packed in a large 4-ounce bottle, this can deliver the best bang for the buck!
Rosemary can improve the natural oxidative defense of the skin. With that, this essential oil can prevent the damage that free radicals may cause, including wrinkles.
This rosemary essential oil will also rehydrate and nourish your skin, making it an effective solution against other signs of skin aging.
Leven Rose 100% Pomegranate Seed Oil
Pomegranate is another oil that can reduce oxidative stress, which is why I am including this essential oil in our recommendations.
It is also believed that pomegranate essential oil will promote the regeneration of the epidermis or the top layer of the skin. This will reveal a fresher layer and will be effective in hiding wrinkles and other signs of old age.
You will also experience improved elasticity with the use of this essential oil, which is one way to minimize the effects of wrinkles in making you look old!
Majestic Pure Lemon Essential Oil
This is made of cold-pressed essential oil. The liquid is derived from lemon rinds. It is undiluted and unfiltered, so you can be confident about its purity.
Lemon oil is also a potent source of antioxidants that can fight free radical damage on the skin.
Plus, it contains glutathione to improve the defense of the skin against cellular damage.
Prime Naturals Frankincense Organic Essential Oil
Since ancient times in Egypt, frankincense has a reputation for keeping the skin supple and young-looking, making it effective for wrinkles.
Frankincense works as an astringent. It will make your skin tighter, so your folds and creases will become less visible.
Aside from being good for the skin, I also love how it comes with a calming and subtle scent. It has a woody and lemony fragrance that can soothe the senses. No wonder, it is also one of the best essential oils for sleeping.
Authentic by Nature 100% Organic Pomegranate Oil
Pomegranate is a complex fruit with anti-aging benefits for the skin.
This therapeutic-grade essential oil promises to hydrate the skin to make you younger-looking. It has potent antioxidant properties to speed up healing and strengthen the defense of the skin, especially against elements that can cause wrinkles.
With its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits, this is also an effective essential oil for people who have acne-prone skin.
Gya Labs Clary Sage Essential Oil
With its calming properties, clary sage is also recognized as one of the best essential oils for depression.
If your main concern is wrinkling, clary sage is also promising. Like most of the options included in my recommendations, it has potent antioxidants that will be effective in fighting skin damage that free radicals may cause.
In the failure to fight the free radicals, they will damage your skin’s DNA, and in turn, will make wrinkles more visible.
SenseLab Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sandalwood is one of the most popular in Ayurvedic healing. It has anti-inflammatory effects and also rich in antioxidants, both of which can help effectively address wrinkles.
This product uses sandalwood sourced from India. It is undiluted and does not contain fillers, so you have nothing to worry about when it comes to its purity and safety.
Plus, if you are unhappy in any way with this essential oil, you don’t have to waste your money. Let the manufacturer know and they will issue an unconditional refund.
Radha Beauty Orange Essential Oil
With topical application, the orange essential oil will improve the texture and appearance of the skin.
It is effective in promoting smoothness and radiance, which will minimize the way wrinkles make you look older than your age!
The fresh and powerful scent of this oil is another thing you will love. It has a distinct fragrance that will remind you of a wonderful summer.
As the name implies, this is a hand-crafted essential oil. You can be confident of the best in terms of quality. They are made in small batches using only the purest ingredients!
Lemongrass is a multipurpose essential oil that can prevent aging. It is also a natural antioxidant.
To unleash the full potential of this essential oil for your skin, it is best to use it with geranium, cedarwood, bergamot, clove, lemon, and clary sage essential oils, among others.
Aviano Botanicals Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil
The best thing about ylang-ylang is its fragrance. As soon as you smell it, you’ll feel that it is good essential oil.
Beyond its scent, however, it is also good for the skin, especially for wrinkles.
The plant’s oil has been revered for its anti-aging properties, so you can be confident that it will work against wrinkles.
It can also repair damage to the lipids and proteins of the skin, which tends to be more common as we become older.
Alteya Organics Pure Organic Bulgarian Rose Oil
Rose is good essential oil, but it remains unpopular because it is also one of the most expensive. The price will be worth it!
Rich in anti-inflammatory properties, this essential oil will also be effective in the reduction of redness and puffiness, not just wrinkles.
The quality of this essential oil is hard to rival, especially considering that it uses only 100% Bulgarian rose oil. This is one of the reasons why this essential oil is expensive!
Allurials Carrot Seed Oil
As I have earlier mentioned, sun damage is one of the leading causes of wrinkles. This is exactly why carrot seed oil can help.
Carrot seed oil is known for sun protection. This improves the skin’s defense against the harmful UV rays, which will minimize the likelihood that the latter will make you prone to wrinkles.
The beta carotene that you will find in carrots will help make this essential oil an effective addition to your anti-aging skin regimen.
Healing Solutions Rose Geranium Essential Oil
As soon as you smell this essential oil, you will quickly understand why this is a favorite of many people even beyond wrinkles.
Like most of our recommendations, it is also packaged in a UV-protected bottle. This helps to preserve the quality and purity of the oil in storage.
You can try this product risk-free. If it does not work, let the manufacturer know and they will issue a refund without asking questions!
Essential Oil Recipes for Wrinkles
One essential oil may not be enough to fight wrinkles. I recommend that you use several essential oils. Here are some recipes you might want to try at home.
DIY Anti-Wrinkle Face Serum
Applied on the skin daily, this face serum will be effective in fighting the many signs of visible skin aging, and that includes wrinkles. Here are the ingredients you will need.
- 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- 2 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops of myrrh essential oil
- 2 drops of patchouli essential oil
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- ¼ teaspoon of Vitamin E
- 1 tablespoon of rosehip seed oil
- One dark 2-ounce bottle
In a bottle, mix Vitamin E, rosehip seed oil, and jojoba oil. Next, add the essential oils. Close the bottle and shake. Use ½ drop of the serum nightly.
Anti-Wrinkle Roller Bar
This is great for ease of application. Since there is a roller, you can apply this easily on your face without getting your hand sticky.
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 15 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops of myrrh essential oil
- 10 drops of Vitamin E oil
- Organic jojoba oil
- Bottle with roller bar
Add all the oils in a glass bottle, with jojoba oil being the last. Secure the roller bar and shake. Apply on the face every night before you go to sleep.
I hope, by now, you are already convinced that essential oils can help against wrinkles.
Again, I am not saying that this is the holy grail of wrinkle treatment. It won’t work overnight.
However, one thing that I can say is that it will work! Try the essential oils mentioned above and see how it can improve your skin health and fight the visible signs of skin aging!
- https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/wrinkles/symptoms-causes/syc-20354927, accessed February 27, 2020
- https://www.webmd.com/beauty/features/23-ways-to-reduce-wrinkles#1, accessed February 27, 2020
- https://www.webmd.com/beauty/wrinkles, accessed February 27, 2020